The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) established to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Lead – COVID 19 – Sero Prevalence Survey
Locations: Abuja and Kano
Employment Type: Temporary
- MGIC in collaboration with NCDC is conducting a population-based sero-epidemiologic survey to determine the sero- prevalence and transmission of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
- The State Lead will oversee all survey activities in the State. The State Lead will support all Training and Field processes of the survey and report directly to the Project Director
Duties and Responsibilities
The State Lead will:
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the COVID-19 Sero-epidemiological survey
- Be involved in the recruitment, on-boarding, and training of the necessary survey field staff
- Support the development of training materials, manuals/guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), job aids, flow charts for the field activities
- Collaborate with local survey stakeholders to ensure smooth conduct of the survey and sample collection, transportation, processing, analysis, and storage
- Oversee field supervisors, field and satellite lab staff
- Monitor progress of data collection to ensure quality data are collected and milestones are achieved
- Work with mapping, listing and community mobilization teams for messaging, household scheduling and security measures.
- Ensure all logistics and administrative plans are in place for the field teams
- Complete survey monitoring reports and ensure survey field data and sample collection monitoring dashboard are updated daily
- Master’s degree in any health-related field
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Experience in population-based field survey management like the Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) or any other household survey in Nigeria is required
- Stakeholders management
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Skill in Computer Assisted-Personal Interviewing (CAPI) troubleshooting is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Knowledge and skill in the use of statistical analysis packages is an added advantage
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change
- Must be willing to work at the times required by the survey need (this includes evenings, weekends and public holidays).
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online