The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students into their PTDF Scholarship for PhD programmes. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About PTDF Scholarship for PhD
The PTDF broad Scholarship Scheme is an annual initiative for master and doctoral study. The goal is to educate Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill set necessary to take part meaningfully in Nigeria’s oil and gas business once their studies are completed.
The PhD sponsorship lasts thirty-six months. Undergraduate studies are not eligible for prizes under the scheme. Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the three countries.
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars in settling into their new environments. Please note that the Fund will get admissions for the candidates to their selected programmes.
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be made up to assess applications using the following criteria:
1. Membership of professional bodies
2. The viability of the study/research plan
3. Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
1. Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
2. A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
4. Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
- Mtnonline Scholarship
- Sydney Scholars Awards
- SMART Scholarship
Required Documents for PTDF Scholarship for PhD
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
1. First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
2. Recent Passport Photograph
3. Local Government Identification Letter
4. Evidence of membership of professional associations
5. NYSC discharge certificate
6. WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website).
1. Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
2. The policies, requirements, offerings, timelines, activities and fees set forth on this site do not form a contract of any kind and are subject to change without notice at the sole discretion of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). Such changes may be of any nature, including, but not limited to, the content of the aforementioned.
3. Applicants should maintain a valid e-mail address during the entire application process, as most of our information is communicated electronically.
Application Deadline for PTDF Scholarship for PhD
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful. If yes, share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.